Punxsutawney Phil may have spoken and we have six more weeks of winter but, don’t worry we have the perfect warm hearty recipes that utilize our delicious and nutritious EVOO that will get you through the cold just fine.
Delicious Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Stew
What you will need:
• 3 lbs stew beef (cubed, meat)
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp salt (taste)
• 3 tbsps. Patricia & Paul Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 cup baby carrots
• 4 potatoes (cubed)
• 1 tbsp. parsley (dried)
• 1 tsp black pepper (ground)
• 2 cups boiling water
• 1 oz. onion soup mix (dry)
• 3 tbsps. butter
• 2 tbsps. all-purpose flour
1. Place meat in a large plastic bag. Combine 1/4 cup flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour into the bag with the meat, and shake to coat.
2. Heat Patricia & Paul Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add stew meat, and cook until evenly browned on the outside. Transfer to a slow cooker along with the carrots, potatoes, parsley, and pepper. In a small bowl, stir together 2 cups of boiling water and dry soup mix; pour into the slow cooker.
3. In the same skillet, melt butter and sauté onions until softened; remove to the slow cooker. Pour red wine into the skillet, and stir to loosen browned bits of food on the bottom. Remove from heat, and pour into the slow cooker.
4. Cover, and cook on High for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to Low, and cook for 6 hours, or until meat is fork tender. In a small bowl or cup, mix together 2 tablespoons flour with 1/4 cup warm water. Stir into stew, and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, or until thickened.