Balsamic Strawberries & Goat Cheese Crostini
Author: Nicole-Cooking for Keeps
• 2 cups strawberries, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons basil, cut into a chiffonade (plus more for garnish)
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of black pepper
• ½ baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
• 4 ounces goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine strawberries, vinegar, sugar, basil, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Let set for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. In the meantime, place crostini slices on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until slightly crisp about 8 minutes. Let cool.
4. Spread goat cheese on toast and then layer balsamic strawberries over. Sprinkle with more basil.