Balsamic Orange Glazed Chicken with Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta
Serving Size: 4
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 (about 2 pounds) boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/8 cup chopped fersh parsley, plus mor for garnish
1 1/2 cups water or chicken broth, plus more for thinning
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup polenta
2 tablespoons butter
4 ounces goat cheese
salt and pepper
1. In a large pan, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high to high heat.
2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and brown for 5 minutes, then turn and sprinkle with rosemary. Cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the orange marmalade, balsamic vinegar and chicken broth. Pour over the chicken. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, turning the chicken once or twice to make sure the glaze gets coated all around.
4. Well the sauce thickens make the polenta. Bring water or chicken stock and milk to a boil in a medium size pot. Whisk in polenta and cook 2-3 minutes until thickened. Stir in butter and goat cheese, season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve assemble the polenta in a shallow bowl or plate top with chicken and spoon more glaze over top if desired. Garnish with chopped parsley.