Balsamic Lemon-Blueberry Steel Cut Oats
1 cup steel cut oats
4 cups water
1/4 tsp salt
zest and juice from 1 large lemon
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp agave nectar, or other sweetener, or to taste
1.5 cups fresh blueberries
6 tsp Patricia & Paul’s balsamic vinegar
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast steel cut oats until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Do not let it burn!
2. Meanwhile, bring water to a boil with the salt. I find the oats to be done toasting when my water begins to boil.
3. Add oats to boiling water. Cover and turn heat down to low; allow the oats to cook for 30 minutes.
4. Remove lid and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and agave nectar. Continue cooking, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until oats reach your desired texture.
5. Serve in a bowl and garnish with blueberries and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.